QR Code Link to This Post
Major technology company is seeking several IT Support Technicians dedicated to working a in a large data center; involving server deployment and support. To apply for the position you must have some kind of IT experience either building/fixing PC’s at home or through a technical school. We will not teach you how to work with computers; you MUST have some experience. Projects will consist of contract-based support opportunities, performing various data center operations tasks such as cabling, testing and server deployment.
Candidates should be self-starters, punctual, motivated/driven, pay attention to detail, are excited to learn and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will need to work well under pressure on large, fast-paced projects with changing priorities. We are looking for an excellent team player with a positive, flexible demeanor, and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency. This position requires standing for long periods of time as well as repetitive bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
- Perform Structure cabling assessments.
- Server deployment and testing
- Install and manage structured cabling infrastructure projects.
- Elicit Data Center infrastructure requirements from clients.
- Install, terminate, test and label all cross connects (copper and fiber) in the data center according to Company best practices.
- Dress and label all cables for easy identification and traceability and recommend changes.
- Support day-to-day operations of data center and execute various projects.
- Troubleshoot physical problems and address issues with little consultation.
- Move, and install shelves, power strips, rails, cable management, servers, switches, and other equipment with requirements.
What you will need to succeed:
- Some experience in a technical, enterprise or data center support role.
- Ability to work independently once provided direction
- Experience with Linux and Command Line
- Experience in Fiber Optic infrastructure cabling within large scale environments
Additional preferred experience/certifications:
- System Administrator experience
- Logistics/inventory management experience
- A+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
- IT Support
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer